Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 25 – A first, in great detail

Okay. A first.

This is Carl. I have written about him before.

Carl is my first and current car. We have been through a lot in our four years together. I've cried my heart out in Carl, I've nearly gotten in accidents with Carl, I've been pulled over in Carl, I've been in the scariest situations of my life (the snow) with Carl. Carl has been a good friend. 

Unfortunately, I don't think he would say I have reciprocated. I put a sticker on Carl when I was 16, and although I loved it at the time, I kind of regret sticking it on Carl's derriere. I want to be more hardcore than a flower. Hence this sticker: 

That's right. 

Also. A few months ago, I had this bright (read:stupid) idea to give Carl a touch up job, since he was all scratched up from his previous owners. I guess the picture is self-explanatory enough, but if you're blind, I am a horrible painter. Horrible, horrible. Luckily, my neighbor stopped me before I did more damage, although it's pretty bad. 

The other day, Carl's battery died, ironically in a handicapped parking spot, because I thought I was only going to be there for a minute. Which turned out to be an hour, waiting for AAA (apparently I am bad with directions). It wasn't that big of a deal, but it made me think of how sad I will be when this little car dies for real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment