Thursday, September 15, 2011

Parking in South Provo

So if you want to know what parking is like in South Provo, here is a good example: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egsdc7tZ_xc&feature=related 
(Sorry, I wish I could embed it, but YouTube wouldn't let me). 


My apartment has only one parking spot for the three tenants (really, the only downfall to the place). It is a pretty big pain in the butt to say the least. I am currently parked in front of my building, but I had to wake up at 7am for the last two mornings to stake this place out, and there is no way I am moving it now. It kind of reminds me of another Seinfeld episode, that goes like this: 


Jerry: We'll have to take your car, it's got the most room.
Kramer: No, no. My car's not running.
(George comes out from the bathroom)
Jerry: What about your father's car?
George: No, no, no. Out of the question. I was over there today. He's got the good spot in front of the good building in the good neighborhood. I know he's not gonna wanna move.
Jerry: Are you serious?
George: You don't know what that spot means to him. Once he gets it, he doesn't go out for weeks.


I always laughed at this, but living in a highly populated neighborhood with too many cars and not enough spaces has taken this conversation to a whole new level for me. In a very George-Costanza-like fashion, I was just trying to convince my sister today to use her car to hold my place while I run a quick errand to Salt Lake tomorrow. Basically this is what it comes down to: I would rather walk around with pepper spray in the dark than take my car out of its spot. 


Anyway, does anyone a) know a place where University Parking Enforcement doesn't have jurisdiction or b)have funny parking stories and/or can validate the Provo situation? 

3 comments: