Monday, September 12, 2011

Update on life

Hellloooo! 
Just thought I would populate the world with my thoughts and an update on where I am in life. 
  • I am definitely on the DIY (do-it-yourself) streak, as noted by this (homemade, I might add!) template. It took me an absurd amount of time that I prefer not to disclose right now. Hopefully this will fade in the next week or two as it has hindered any progress in my considerable homework load.
  • I am just as good a procrastinator as I thought I was. 
  • I am in my own room here in good ol' P-Town and boy, does it feel good. Do not get me wrong: I have enjoyed living with every one of my bunk mates (for lack of a better word...), but paying for your own room is another animal on its own. No longer am I self-conscious about my morning alarm repeatedly going off, which incidentally, does not go off as many times as it did when I shared a room...
  • Said room is in a beautiful condo 10 min. away from campus. I have found that though I live closer to campus, I am walking a lot more to make (unnecessary) trips to and from school.
  • I am quite fond of my roommates. We all have an Oriental background, and because of that, we have three rice cookers in the kitchen, but lack a toaster. 
  • I love the scriptures. This semester, I am taking two religion classes, one in the Pearl of Great Price, and the other in the New Testament, which means a lot of time is spent in my quad. It is a very satisfactory replacement for a textbook.
  • I am looking at a mission in the very near future, and in fact, recently turned in my Papers to the bishop. (I feel the "P" warrants an uppercase with all the work put into them).
  • I enjoy cooking and may be spending more time dealing with food than with textbooks... 
  • I saw Celine Dion in concert (something off the bucket list)! Sam and I drove down to LV to see her, and it was completely and totally worth  it to pay $100 for the back row (honestly our backs were against the wall). What a show. I would see it again in a heartbeat.
  • I caught a cold about a week before school started. How one catches a winter disease in 90 degree weather is beyond me, but I certainly did it. 
  • I went to Disneyland this summer with three of the most fun-loving people I could think of. It was so great going 10 years after my last visit. I feel like I was really able to bring out the kid in me (as if it doesn't already make an appearance - HA.) 
  • I went rock-climbing on real rocks. I maybe might have almost decapitated someone while attempting to rappel from the five feet I climbed, but I did it. And that is what counts in my book. 
  • I saw two touring Broadway plays: Les Miserables and Wicked. They were both fabulous. I actually went to Les Mis on my own (ironically ha), and I learned the value in taking time to go on a date with myself. 
  • Other food-related bucket list cross offs: Ate a fried twinkie and cleaned the sink at Angie's, neither of which will I be doing again.
  • I climbed the top of Y Mountain. The plan was to see the sunrise, but that didn't work out, partially because of my poor navigational skills. But we got there eventually. 
Basically, I am doing great. Must now attend to some homework that is calling my name. Au revoir! 

No comments:

Post a Comment