Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 02 – Your first love, in great detail

I have had many a crush and infatuation in my short life, but I don't believe I've had my "first love" yet. I definitely remember the first kid I had a crush on: Jeffrey from my pre-school days. That boy could get across the monkey bars like no other. But I think love is more than an attraction to physical prowess. Love is selfless (that sounds like I might maybe have gotten that from Shakespeare) and love doesn't care what other people think on Facebook.

As a kid, I always loved the fairy tale stories of the girl getting swept off her feet by a handsome prince. Even today, I am a sucker for romance films and the sappy love lines of Shakespeare. I am always told that I am a little unrealistic in my expectations of love and maybe that's true. Perhaps it's why I haven't really ever been in a serious relationship. However I am strangely alright with that. I have far too many things to accomplish while I'm single. Besides, I have seen many relationships sink because one or the other person is not okay with themselves, much less with someone else. I think it is important that I find out who I am before I thrust that responsibility to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment