Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rebooted and Revisited

I know, I know, another blog? This time I'm not even going to advertise it, and for all I know no one will read this. Which, you know, might be for the better.

Top Four Reasons to Write a Blog (This is for me, just as much as it is for anyone who comes across this, by the way. Also, it's four reasons because I couldn't come up with a fifth reason. Sorry.)

4. Interesting and hilarious things happen in my life.

3. I want to be a better writer, and for some reason, merely thinking about writing in a formal blog gets me into a funk.

2. For the last few years, I have followed and lost interest in many blogs of the amusing nature. I think it's important to give back.

1. So I have this list. It's my bucket list. I don't plan on dying anytime soon, but I want to make sure I enjoy life to its fullest. As I cross off each thing (list to be posted soon) I'll document it here.

My lovely cousin inspired this thirty day meme. So far as I understand, a meme is a memory, and I think that livejournal gives out prompts to help stumped writers like myself. Anyway, I hear that if you do something for 21 days, it becomes a habit, so here I am. Plus, let's be honest, who doesn't want to talk about themselves? I'm kind of a big deal. Feel free to use this meme and follow me. I love reading about people.

Day 01 - Introduce yourself, in great detail

I'm Shelbi. I'm a college student studying Public Relations. I'm a lover of art and popular culture. Particularly movies. One day I secretly (or not so secretly) want to become a publicist for a celebrity, however unplausible it may be. And no, it has nothing to do with my current (read: pathetic) obsession with Justin Bieber.

I'm a terrible texter, and I am often impossible to get ahold of. I have this thing where I am obsessive compulsive about cleanliness. I don't know where it came from, because previously, I was a total slob. I think I read somewhere that OCD can sometimes be caused by stress. So maybe I've been perpetually stressed out for the last year.

I am starting to be convinced that I am half crazy. I mean, look at the paragraph before.

I hate feeling weak on any level, whether it be admitting weakness or appearing vulnerable. This meme is definitely going to try me. Just looking at tomorrow's topic has me rolling my eyes.

I love people. I love reading about them in biographies or personal blogs. Meeting new people gives me a "high" like no other. I enjoy influencing others in leadership positions, although I'll be the first to admit I am easily swayed. I make it a point to be as open-minded as possible, but sometimes I wonder if my brain is going to fall out. I'm hoping I'll grow out of this. I love to speak in front of people, even though I am nervous as heck doing it, normally. Because of this, I tend to be a one of those fast-talkers. Apparently, I am also a loud-talker, but I'm not so convinced.

I need my sleep. Anyone who has lived with me can tell you that much. I can be an absolute bear without eight hours. Staying up 24 hours ought to be fun for those in my vicinity.

I like to consider myself a technologically-savvy person. Sometimes, I about kill myself trying to figure computer things out, but I get the job done. For instance, you would laugh at how long it took me to decide on a blog background.

I like to cook. As for how well it turns out is always a surprise. Probably I will document those endeavors, since they generally are amusing.

"Dance like no one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt,sing like no one is listening,and live like it's heaven on earth."- William Purkey

I fully believe in this quote. I often make a hilarious fool of myself in public, but I've given up caring, it happens so much. I figure there is not much anyone can do about it after the fact, which is where this blog comes in. Whew. Here goes.


Day 02 – Your first love, in great detail

Day 03 – Your parents, in great detai

lDay 04 – What you ate today, in great detail

Day 05 – Your definition of love, in great detail

Day 06 – Your day, in great detail

Day 07 – Your best friend, in great detail

Day 08 – A moment, in great detail

Day 09 – Your beliefs, in great detail

Day 10 – What you wore today, in great detail

Day 11 – Your siblings, in great detail

Day 12 – What's in your bag, in great detail

Day 13 – This week, in great detail

Day 14 – What you wore today, in great detail

Day 15 – Your dreams, in great detail

Day 16 – Your first kiss, in great detail

Day 17 – Your favorite memory, in great detai

lDay 18 – Your favorite birthday, in great detail

Day 19 – Something you regret, in great detail

Day 20 – This month, in great detail

Day 21 – Another moment, in great detail

Day 22 – Something that upsets you, in great detail

Day 23 – Something that makes you feel better, in great detail

Day 24 – Something that makes you cry, in great detail

Day 25 – A first, in great detail

Day 26 – Your fears, in great detai

lDay 27 – Your favorite place, in great detail

Day 28 – Something that you miss, in great detail

Day 29 – Your aspirations, in great detail

Day 30 – One last moment, in great detail

No comments:

Post a Comment