Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 06 – Your day, in great detail

So unfortunately for ya'll out there, today was not very exciting.

I had this big plan to wake up to 6 a.m. this morning to exercise, do homework and be a generally productive member of society. Not so. Alarm(s) did in fact go off at that hour, but I was so proud of myself for getting up, that I rewarded myself with five minutes of snooze time. Two and a half hours later, I wake up, rushed to even make it to school on time. Luckily, my roommate offered me a ride in my frenzied state and all things were good. I'm eternally grateful she did so, because she was also the one who had to suffer the most for my repeated alarms that went off in the 2.5 hour span. Frankly, I'm surprised she hasn't killed me yet.

I went to my Comms 101 class, where I always seem to enjoy myself and the subject material. I was also surrounded by people I semi-recognized, which is always a plus. It makes for easier discussion, the crux of the class.

After class, I headed to the library to watch a documentary I was assigned to watch for Comms. It was about the Digital Nation we live in. It was extremely fascinating. Did you know, you are probably not as good at multi-tasking as you think you are? In fact, most people are downright terrible at it. The most effective thing, according to leading scientists, is to focus your attention on one thing at a time. It definitely made me more motivated to fully concentrate. Also, the average teenager is around media 50 hours a week: more than any full-time job. This has also reinforced my desire to go a week without technology. After the movie, I re-wrote my notes in an effort to both simultaneously study and clean up my notes. I also read my Italian homework, but I am still not positive I understood everything 100 percent.

Work was next on the agenda. I work in an office every day, and I love it. I read four newspapers looking for our college's alumni and then I highlight, cut and hand over for consideration on whether it is worthy enough to send the recipient a letter. I got a lot done, remarkably, and in retrospect, it may have been because of the documentary. I also noticed during this time that the much anticipated bruise had appeared on my hand from a few days ago. My cell phone also suffered greatly from the same fall. Observe:



I went to another class, BYUSA Student Advisory Council (SAC) where we learned about the new financial aid website that will be up and running in about nine months. Although I was doodling (and let me tell you, it was a pretty rad doodle) I felt like I paid more attention than I would have otherwise. Also, I got many comments on my Sesame Street lunch box, which is currently my favorite accessory and helps prevent my grapes from getting squished, to boot. I am considering buying another lunchbox, preferably a bigger one next time.

After class let out, I went to the bookstore to buy a headphone... thing. It looks like this:
I bought it for completely justifiable reasons. The first (and okay, only) reason is because I am fed up with my headphones getting tangled. Every time I wanna listen to my iPod I have to untangle it whilst holding my lunchbox and it is got annoying. Plus it was only like a $1.50. 

I walked home with a co-worker of mine, and as I did so, I passed by the Brick Oven. It smelled heavenly and I subconsciously decided I wanted to eat Italian food. After getting home, I stared at my mini fridge for ten minutes wondering what on earth I could cook, since it is getting to be around "that time" when I needed to go grocery shopping. 

My eye caught sight of a half full bottle of spaghetti sauce and my choice was made. I decided on chicken parmigiana. It was delicious. I am also positive I chose the longest recipe eva because it took two hours to be manifest itself into goodness.  

I then watched half an episode of Friends whilst eating and then decided to update this blog. I am now going to go watch the season premiere of Grey's Anatomy and enjoy a pudding cup. After, I'll do the rest of my Italian homework which includes answering questions about said poem.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment