Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 18 – Your favorite birthday, in great detail

Oh man. I am quickly tiring of this 30 day meme. It has turned into a three month old menace that will never go away, but nonetheless I am determined to FINISH. You hear that meme? I am going to finish you. For my invisible audience out there, I will try to make this as interesting as possible.

My favorite birthday probably has to be my 16th birthday. I'm not sure if it was a sweet 16 or not (what is the definition of that, anyway? I'm still pretty unclear on that...), but it was certainly a good birthday. I went to La Caille with my parents, this high end French restaurant in Sandy, Utah. Recently the co-owners killed themselves over some financial thing. (Sadly I am a little too aware of my surroundings these days. In addition to the four newspapers I read daily at work, I now have to add the New York Times for a class to my repertoire. As if I wasn't enough of a walking encyclopedia...). I remember the butter was shaved in a rose shape. It was amazing. The food was delicious and I forever fell in love with French Onion Soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment