Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 19 – Something you regret, in great detail

So... I am not sure how many of  you know this, but I used to play the flute rather well. I won a few competitions and I had the potential to be really good if I had practiced more. My mom even bought me a really nice flute. Except I quit when I got to high school so I could more fully explore the world of debate.


I used to think I regretted quitting, but now that I think about it, I do not think I would be the person I am today, if it weren't for debate. I wouldn't be so comfortable speaking to groups of people (essential for my future profession), and I definitely would not be as confident in myself. I wouldn't have even considered public relations and business if it weren't for debate. I kinda wish I had stuck with piano a little longer, but really, I don't think I have any real regrets. Everything that has happened in my life has changed me for the better. I really hope I can say that at the end of my life.



In other news, I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad hair day yesterday. And I didn't realize it until 5:30 pm. Basically, I got up super late and had approximately five minutes to get ready and out the door. Shower was out of the question, so I shoved a hat on my barely brushed hair, threw on the nearest articles of clothing that vaguely resembled business casual, stumbled into some slipper shoes (my knees are really taking a toll with the high heel every day policy. I really gotta buy some flats), and ran out the door. When I got to work, my sweater was inside out, and I looked like a hot mess. I kind of forgot about it, because I figured there wasn't much I could do about it, since I was at school all day.

But lemme tell you, when I got home from work and school, I about died when I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. About ten various tolietries fell off the vanity when I realized in horror I had been walking around with this ginormous bird's nest on the back of my head. Moral of the story: it is always better to take the time to get ready.

3 comments:

  1. just wanted you to know... I love your blog. you're still as hilarious as ever... and I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks 'L'!
    Where is your blog?! I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete