Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 12 – What's in your bag, in great detail

Today is Monday. You may wonder how I know this. Today at 4 pm I looked down and realized for the first time that my pants were on inside out. I remember thinking there was something funky going on with my buttons when I put them on this morning, but I quickly brushed off that idea much to my detriment. I still can't believe no one told me, or noticed (?). Frankly, I think it is hilarious. Who does that? 

I'm taking a break from watching this documentary about the WMD crisis of 2007 if you are curious.

This question here is going to be messy. But the meme asked, so I will answer. Currently, I am in constant companionship with my backpack instead of my favorite yellow purse of the summer. I've noticed that I consistently carry heavy things thus drastically decreasing the cushiness (spell check tells me this isn't a word... but I beg to differ) of the straps. Probably it will break and I won't even be surprised when it does. 


Evian waterbottle. I know it spells Naive backwards, but I don't even care because the water is so dang good. Also, the bottle has this sucking mechanism that makes me feel like I'm using a sippy cup. It even makes the satisfying sound of water leaving the premises, which is lovely, especially in dead quiet libraries.

Gloves. Because you never know when it will get cold. I'm particularly scared of being cold for no explicable reason, even to myself.

Two packages of Kleenex. Mostly to prevent the dreaded drippy nose syndrome, which always tends to happen to me when I don't have a tissue handy.

Mirror compact. I just know it was free. I don't really use it as much as you would think. I just wait for people to tell me I have food on my face.

iClicker. This is a cool remote control that enables one to answer poll questions in class. Formerly my astronomy class, which I was forced to drop due to the lack of time I had for doing my homework. I keep meaning to return it, but I know I'll need it next semester when I add the class again. And yes, I go through that same thought process every time I see it.

Bag of goodies. This include cold medicine, throat lozenges, motrin and moleskin. You can never be too prepared.

B&B Hand Sanitizer. I read an article that stated, much to my dismay, that it doesn't do much in the face of a cold. But it certainly smells nice.

Pencil Bag. Three Uniball Vsion Exact Pens (which the Bookstore no longer carries. I keep using the pens only for really special occasions. And as a good luck charm during tests.) Three Bic pens. One multi-color pen in one. My BURT'S BEES CHAPSTICK. I was seriously looking for this sucker all day long! I knew I had some chapstick in my bag. Drat. My SoftLips chapstick. I will say it again. Drat. I even bought a ridiculously overpriced Blistex stick because I thought I was going to die. Two overly sharpened pencils. To be brandished if I am ever attacked whilst walking home. One mechanical pencil.

Wallet. You don't want to know what's in here.

Italian Dictionary. Today I found the F-word in there. I feel like it's wrong to see it printed in a public piece of reading material.

Book of Italian Conjugations. It has a cool picture of a Roman Soldier on his cell phone, smoking on the cover. Really brings the Italian culture home.

Stride Gum. This is my favorite gum because it has two compartments, for when you finish half of it. Also, it's the longest piece of gum out there, so I can eat half and have the thing last twice as long as any other brand.

Cell Phone. With who knows how many messages and missed calls. I never look at it.

Moleskine Planner. I like it mostly because it's sleek, chic, and has a band over it. I sadly forget to use it quite often.

Teatreo, Prosa, Poesia. Italian textbook that has frayed corners already and smashed at the bottom of my bag.

Box of index cards. For this grammar test I need to take next week. I am absolutely determined to get a solid A on the test, instead of a dismal B-.

AA Button. And no, it is not for Alcoholics Anonymous. It was for an art exhibit at the place where I work and it was free. I'm all about free.

Writing and Speaking for Business. Textbook I think I will actually keep.

White legal pad. I take all my notes regardless of class here and later transport them to my binder where everything is organized.

Binder. This has my semester planned out on the front. And all information for all my school inside. It also features a rad doodle I did while waiting for the super slow laptop I had to use at work during the summer. I would be lost without it. The binder, I mean.

Newspaper clippings. Of recipes I want to try sometime soon. Yeah. I'm becoming domestic.

Folder with dividers. This contains 200+ voter registration forms. And only six completed. I'm trying really hard to get as many people as possible registered to vote, because it is an important thing to do.

iPod. Features a pretty rad Graffiti cover. I'm considering transferring all my music to it (120 GB!) and deleting it from my laptop because it's taking up a lot of space. My laptop is seriously giving me so many problems, I am going to switch to a Macbook Pro next time. Or an iPad if it ever comes down in price.

No comments:

Post a Comment